Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Halfway on The Whole30 Program

I suppose, mathematically speaking, tomorrow would be the actual half way point of the Whole30 Challenge, but, y'know what?  It's been two weeks since I started and that is just awesome.  So, how's the last two weeks been?  Here's a bit of a recap of things.

Things I'm not supposed to know...
I've lost 10 pounds.  I started with 172 (I listed it as 170, because that's what I'd say to people) and I'm at 162.  I've also lost inches.  I always pull the tape tightly because I *hate* those numbers, but lets be realistic--I'm only hurting myself when I do that.  My numbers to start were 38-33-40 and the abdomen (2" from navel) was at 38, as well.  Today, my measurements were 38-31.5-38 and 36 at the abdomen.  I admit it.  I squeed.

Things I have learned...
When they say no alcohol for 30 days, they mean it.  I had a total of 4 vodka tonics in the last 14 days.  The first two didn't do much other than taste icky; the second two plastered me and made me sick to my stomach.  Enough for me to say I'm not doing that again in the next 2 weeks.  Don't care.  Not worth that pain.

I've also learned I need to eat before my workouts.  If I don't, I just can't push the weight (HA! punny!).  I also really need to pay attention to time and eat.  Three times a day is not that difficult.  Protein! Protein! Protein!

Things that have improved...
MY SLEEP! Mostly.  I still have off nights, but for the most part, I'm falling asleep, staying asleep, and waking up semi-refreshed.

So, what did I nom on today during one of the most emotionally stressful days of my last few weeks?

RECAP
Breakfast: Chicken livers and coffee.

Lunch: The salad from last night....yum!

Dinner: Spaghetti squash spaghetti with meatballs from last night, chicken, and black olives.  I finished off the meatballs....SO YUM!

Now, I'm getting my magnesium (the powder, coconut milk, a banana and a little bit of unsweetened cocoa powder), knitting this sweater for the weekend (you can read about that kinda stuff here), and watching a movie before passing out so I can go to the gym tomorrow and be SHE-RA! 

1 comment: