Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 15 - The Whole30

"I feel fantastic! And I never felt as good as how I do right now--Except for maybe when I think of how I felt that day When I felt the way that I do right now, right now, right now!"

That pretty much sums up how I'm feeling after 15 days of clean eating.  I feel fantastic!  I'm still very groggy in the mornings, but I'm sleeping at night and, mostly, restfully.  The only time I'm hungry during the day is when I realize I've missed a meal (like today), and, in general, I like to think that my outlook on life has improved somewhat.  It's much more difficult to gauge and, given that I'm a girl, subject to change with the lunar cycles.  Or something.  SCIENCE!

*ahem*  Anyway...

As you may have read earlier, I hit a personal milestone today.  When I started my lifting program, I decided that I wanted to squat 200#.  In a "When I ... Then I..." statement, I asserted I would get myself a "Miss Fit" t-shirt.  I'm happy to say...I have to wait til after the weekend's gaming convention in order to design it, but it's in the works!

...and this fills me with glee...

So, lemme recap my day of semi-awesome eating...

RECAP

Breakfast: 1 egg, 3oz of steak

Second Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 sorta blood orange, coffee

Lunch: ...water...  I worked through it by accident.

Dinner:  My husband so very sweetly opted to make the dinner I had suggested for the evening so I could KNIT LIKE A MAD WOMAN.  I'd wanted "comfort food," and this was the perfect night for it.  So, off to The Clothes Make the Girl for recipes.  We went with the Cottage-Flower Pie, but used turnips instead.  Probably will make it again tomorrow night with sweet potatoes.  I dunno yet.  Tomorrow is a very busy day... food prep for 4 days away from home.... for 4 people....

If I learned nothing else from this evening, I learned this: Ken very much loves the immersion blender.  My shake tonight was strawberry, apple, coconut milk, and the lemon-flavored magnesium powder.

PS: Last night's concoction decided to erupt after about 45 minutes under my bed lamp.  It was awesomely fun...but, y'know.  SCIENCE! (It really does work!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment