Friday, February 15, 2013

Day 16 - The Whole30

Today started out beautifully.  I slept in, I felt refreshed, and I had a list of things and a schedule and I knew everything was going to be great!

Went to the bank and deposited my check, taking out some cash; went to the post office to pick up the Valentine's gifts for Ken and Dave...and this is sorta where the day fell apart.

You see, I have no depth perception.  Well, I have about 17% depth perception, but that really doesn't help me.  Most of the time, I function very well and know one would know...then there are the days I fall off the sidewalk because I don't realize I'm at the curb.

Like today.

What felt like eternity, I sat on the ground uncertain if I'd actually managed to break my ankle this time.  I'm sure it was only about 5 minutes, but I had several people offering to call an ambulance for me.  Why?  It's just a sprain--and even if it's broke, the car is right there.  Save the ambulance for real emergencies.

Finally decided nothing was broken, so I got up and limped over to the car and climbed in.  We went home, got some ice packs, then went on to the rest of our errands--which seemed to double in time.  What was supposed to take 20 to 30 minutes took us 120 minutes.  And my ankle was throbbing.

Needless to say, today has not been a good eating day.

RECAP

Breakfast/Lunch: 3oz steak, 2 strips bacon, 2 eggs

Dinner: Kung Pao Chicken

It's after midnight and I'm still cooking epic food for the weekend.  This weekend is Orccon2013, the first of three cons for Strategicon.  Ken is on staff (Quartermaster) and I am on staff (Assistant-soon-to-be-Marketing Director).  We stay at the hotel for the convention to, basically, make sure everything runs smoothly.  Our hotel room has no microwave or fridge, and the restaurant is too expensive to eat at for all meals.  SO!  I'm making food.

So far, we have the base of chili, bacon cups for salads (or whatever will stay in them)...and on tap, tarragon chicken salad, and scotch eggs.  We have plans to pick up more salad stuff near the hotel, as well as a pork roast for a great slow-cooker recipe (which, we're taking both of ours).  I figure, if Dave ends up making it down for the weekend, we will have plenty of healthy food to nom on and make the rest of the con jealous of our epic nutrition!  I don't know how much recapping I'll be able to do there, but I'll do my best to let you know!  May have a "Tales from the Con" section...we'll see. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment