Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day 5 - The Whole30

Superbowl Sunday.  Probably if I did the research, I could substantiate my claim that it's one of the biggest junk-food days during the year.  And, naturally, I'm on the Whole30 Program.  I picked a challenging month.

No, seriously!  I did!  Look:

February:
2 - Groundhog Day
3 - Superbowl Sunday
14 - Valentine's Day
15-18 - Gaming Convention

I'm sure there are other holidays in there, too, that I could celebrate, but those are the biggies--especially the gaming convention.  Four days of non-stop gaming and not many Paleo-friendly options.  Fortunately, I have some ideas for breakfasts and lunches.  Not so sure on dinners.

But, today, I slept in a bit and woke up feeling rested and refreshed and, *gasp* HAPPY!  I donned my workout gear and proceeded to have a craptacular workout because of the idiot men at the gym, but came home to a mostly-made breakfast.  This made me really happy.  I was a bit bad, though, so here's the recap.

RECAP:

Breakfast: 2 eggs with home-made pico de gallo and a baked sweet potato

Lunch: ....what's this?  I did not haz...mostly because I was preparing for....

Dinner:  'Tandoori' Chicken with curried frice and mint pesto (totally stollen from Miss Melicious).  It was amazingly good...in fact, here's a picture!

I, also, have drunk 3L of water at this point in my day and it's only 8:30pm.  I anticipate more water to come!  I will also have another epic shake like last night's...

Speaking of last night...I was bad, again!  I hadn't eaten much yesterday; wasn't feeling it and wasn't hungry...until about midnight, at which point I devoured an orange bell pepper and about 5oz of chicken.  It was the best midnight snack EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment