Sunday, February 24, 2013

Day 24 - The Whole30

Twenty-four days into this challenge and I have found two things: 1) I have a weakness for alcohol; 2) I have a weakness for nutella.

This past week has not been the best of weeks in this challenge, but I had a couple things happen this morning that made me feel recharged and energized and believe that the "sacrifice" is worth every moment.

I have a pair of khakis that I love.  I haven't been able to wear these khakis in a long time.  Like, nearly 10 years.  I kept all my "skinny" clothes because I had this idea that I would someday fit back into a size 8.  Whereas I am not a size 8 yet, these pants weren't size 8s to being with. :)

They were, however, impossible for me to wear.  I can say with honesty and great joy that I can wear these pants again and I know that, come May, these pants will actually fit better than when I got them!

So, to recap yesterday's poor eating choices...

RECAP

*Running 2.5 miles in 30 minutes...went straight to the Farmer's Market...

Breakfast: 4egg omelet with bacon & onions and a side salad with basalmic vinegerette and freshly squeezed orange juice.

Dinner:  Herb crusted salmon with gingered bok choy.  It was delicious.  

I also had a couple Tablespoons of Nutella and a glass of Canadian whiskey and soda (as in soda water).  I need to stop sabotaging myself and just stick with the program.  It works...and I know I'll do it again--probably in April.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment