Saturday, March 9, 2013

Eyes on the Prize: Superheroine Updates

So, Memorial Day weekend is our next gaming convention and it is my goal to be spandex-ready.  

Why spandex?  Because if left to my own devices, I will theme everything with super heroes.  I needed an idea--a theme, if you will--for the Charity benefit on May 24th (Friday night of Gamex).  Super heroes seemed a good one, so I decided to cosplay Zatanna for this event.
Fosse!

But that meant I needed some cosplays for the other two days, as well.  What better way to challenge yourself to get into good physical shape than by playing super heroes!  So, next on my list is Mystique...but, with a twist.  Rather than walk around virtually naked like Rebecca Rajimon, I thought I'd do a more classic Mystique.  I remember in some of the cartoons, they would draw Mystique as her shape-shifted person (so, full costume of whomever she was), but either leave her skin and hair OR keep her yellow eyes so young viewers (such as moi) didn't get confused.  Therefore, I'll be cosplaying Mystique.... as Emma Frost.
     
Smexy!

Now, just one more.  Who could I do?  Rogue?  She's my ultimate.  I need to play her soon, but I'm just so...afraid.  Plus, I really need a Gambit to play off of.  I'm taking applications for a sexy Creole with snappy playing cards.  So, I thought about what got me into super hero cosplay and I knew who I had to play.  For 6 years, I played a game called City of Heroes.  It was uncerimoniously closed in November of 2012.  What better homage to my friends who created the characters than to cosplay one of the cannon gals, Sister Psyche.

R.I.P.  You were the 2nd to die...and then they killed them all.
To that end, I thought I'd just give a quick update on my progress, post-Whole30 number 1!  My measurements are down, again!  Not much, but hey, it's still progress!!

Bust: 38" (Think this is stuck here, now)
Waist: 31.5"
Abdomen: 36"
Hips: 37.5"

My goals are as follows:
Bust: 38"
Waist: 28"
Abdomen: 32"
Hips: 36"

Once I hit those, we'll see how I look and feel and if I want to decrease any of them.  I think those are pretty healthy numbers and pretty attainable and maintainable numbers, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment