Saturday, June 2, 2012

End of Month Recap

At the end of the first month of the Blood Type Diet, I can honestly say I didn't do very well with the diet--as in, there are still salads in my fridge that I haven't touched.  I can honestly say, though, that I have eaten much better this month than I have in the past.  I very much enjoyed the foods designed for me--especially the blackstrap granola and the sweet & salty Brussels!

So, why do all this?  Why would I, a geeky girl, who's goal is to break the stereotypes of geeky girls and redefine beauty, diet and exercise as much as I do?  Well, first of all, I need to be beautiful to me; second of all, I need to be healthy; third of all...I actually enjoy working out, so I would do that anyway.

My idea of "beauty" isn't tied to a number on a scales.  I don't need to be 120lbs (in fact, I would look rather sickly at 120lbs).  My goals are tied to the numbers of my figure--40-28-38.  I've seen my body with a 28" waist and 36" hips before.  The 36" hips were too thin--you could actually see my pelvis.  Curves are what make a woman sexy--no matter your body type.  I happen to be an hourglass shape.  I have friends who are apples, pears, and rulers--embrace that body type and be you! :-)

Another reason for the diet & exercise--I do a lot of cosplaying.  Do I need to be rail-thin to do it?  No; but I would certainly like to rock the spandex and pull off some costumes like Catwoman or Bat Girl; Rogue or even Wonder Woman.  I don't need to be a size 2 to do it, either.  In my mind, I just need to look like I could actually save the world, and for me, that requires muscles.

Finally, everyone points to Marilyn Monroe wearing a size 14.  She did--and her measurements were smaller than mine and I wear a 10 or 12.  Beauty isn't tied to numbers.  It's what is in the heart--what's in your eyes--what comes out when you speak and how you treat others.  One of my favorite songs says, "She ain't pretty, she just looks that way."  It reminds me of what physical beauty can often be...just looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment