Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Week 4 - Status Update

So, sorry I haven't actually posted for a bit.  We had a gaming convention over the holiday weekend (those are always a great trial for diets!) and I'm just now getting caught up with things.  Plus, before that, it was non-stop sewing on costumes.  I'll post those later.

So, I'm down to 164-165lbs currently.  I attribute that to the diet plan and the three to four times per week workouts of varying intensity.  I absolutely love the combinations of veggies and protein this diet calls for and the fact it's an 80/20 diet.  As long as I follow it at least 80% of the time, it's going to work.  So, if I'm short on cash and/or really in the mood for tacos, I can go to Jack-in-the-Box and order some with no guilt.  I've found, too, that I'm not eating as many as I used to.  I used to eat between 6 and 8 tacos on my own.  Now, I top out around 4, if I'm really hungry.

Over the weekend, I prepared two different salads (Dandelion greens based and kale based) and some homemade granola.  I shared the granola with other gamers and there were two at a Pathfinder session that seemed to just mouth-gasm over it.  It's a great granola that's made with blackstrap molasses, dried fruit, and walnuts and pecans.  Plus flaxseeds.  And rice cereal.  It's really amazingly good.  So, while we're sitting around the table trying to decide how we're going to defeat the enemies, we're noshing on granola that's actually fairly low-cal and extremely healthy (and in my case, very beneficial to my body).

I feel much better when I stick to the foods in the diet.  We had green tea poached chicken the other night, which was good.  But our side dish was better.  Sweet & Salty brussels sprouts.  Oh, yeah...that's getting made again!  Once I hit my goal weight (145lbs), we'll see how I look and feel.  I'm hoping to hit that by mid-July.  We'll see.

Here are the pics from the weekend.

Indigo Lantern Tribe
(Sunday, May 27, 2012)
Madelyne Pryor
(Friday, May 25, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment