Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 2 - Food Recap

Today was a workout day.

These days always throw me off. I also realized that I need to (at least at the start of this) do something not entirely Whole30 approved--I need a protein shake at night because it's how I drink my magnesium.  I need the magnesium (for now) to help me sleep so I don't have days like today...

6:00am - Alarm goes off.  Killed it.

6:45am - Second alarm goes off.  Killed it.

7:15am - Husband stumbles in to search for a towel...I notice the time and immediately....curl back up and groan.  Despite sleeping the night through, and sleeping soundly, I did not sleep well or restfully.

At this point, I crawled out of bed and got into my workout gear and got ready to leave.  I remember being at the gym and doing my bodyweight squats.  I remember crying about my pathetic OHPs, and I remember empowering myself with 175# dead lifts.  I don't remember driving home.  I remember making breakfast (which I'll share in a sec) and knitting...and the nap I ended up taking...and from there, I remember pretty well.

So. 

RECAP
Breakfast: 3 eggs and 3oz grilled steak
Lunch: I almost missed this and it wasn't balanced at all.  It was simply 3 oz of grilled steak.
Dinner: From The Clothes Make the Girl, I made the Moroccan Pork Chops with cucumber salad.  My husband (who has no interest in being Paleo) loved this meal and was sad there was not more (Note to self: Make large batch of salad).  Despite it being a training day, I haven't really been all that hungry.  Just lethargic.  I'm going to have a banana to cleanse my palate and then have a protein shake later for the magnesium powder.  Probably use 2 scoops of the protein powder, coconut milk, and another banana.  Have a lot of muscle cramps and knots...magnesium and potassium for the win! 

No comments:

Post a Comment